- transport policy | air transport
EU-Latin America Civil Aviation Summit
24-26 May 2010, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
The European Commission, the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC) and the Latin American Civil Aviation Commission (LACAC) are jointly organising the first ever EU-Latin America Civil Aviation Summit on 24-26 May 2010 in Rio de Janeiro as a high-level event for taking important new steps in EU-Latin American aviation relations into the 21st century.
Register online (event): registration closed
The Summit will be held at the Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort .
(download the Hotel reservation form )
Topics to be discussed
The agenda of the EU-Latin America Civil Aviation Summit will include the following topics:
- Regional Integration in Civil Aviation – Benefits and Challenges
- Removing Barriers for Air Transport in the EU and Latin America
- Developments in the Airline Industry in Latin America and the EU
- Airport Infrastructure and Airport Policy
- Environmental Implications of Air Transport
- Aviation Safety and Security – Challenges and Potentials for Co-operation
- Air Traffic Management and New Technologies
Who is expected to participate?
The EU-Latin America Civil Aviation Summit will be attended by key players from the public and private sectors in Latin America and the EU. These are expected to include representatives of civil aviation authorities from EU Member States and CLAC Member States, regional organisations, airlines, airports, aeronautical manufacturers and service providers.
Brazilian President Lula da Silva, the European Commissioner for Transport, and the President of the Latin American Civil Aviation Commission, Mr Huepe Pérez, are expected to open the conference.
Online registration form (event): registration closed