- transport policy | air transport
EU-Russia Aviation Summit
12-13 October 2011, St. Petersburg (Russia)
The Summit was held at the Hotel Corinthia in St. Petersburg.
Topics to be discussed
The agenda of the EU-Russia Aviation Summit will include the following topics:
- Policy framework for the development of EU-Russia aviation relations and market prospects
- Aviation safety and security policies and co-operation
- Ensuring sustainable air transport
- Air traffic management and new technologies
- Business opportunities in the aeronautical industry
- Airport policy and the development of airport infrastructure
Who is expected to participate?
The EU-Russia Aviation Summit will be attended by key players from the public and private sectors in Russia and the EU. These are expected to include representatives of governments, civil aviation authorities, airlines, airports, air navigation service providers and aerospace industries.
It is expected that the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Mr. Vladimir Putin, will open the Summit. The Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation, Mr. Igor Levitin, the Vice-President of the European Commission in charge of Transport, Mr. Siim Kallas, and the Minister of infrastructure of the Republic of Poland representing the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, Mr. Cezary Grabarczyk, will participate.
- Policy framework for the development of EU-Russia aviation relations and the prospects of the EU-Russia aviation market
- Olivier Jankovec, Director General, ACI EUROPE
Session 2: Aviation safety in Russia and the EU
Session 3: Aviation security in Russia and the EU
Session 4: Ensuring sustainable air transport
Session 5: Air traffic management and new technologies
Session 7: Airport policy and airport infrastructure