- transport policy | air transport
High Level Conference
Implementation of the Single European Sky and its extension to Third Countries
28 November 2011
Last update 25/11/2011 :
The Conference will be available in streaming video
The European Commission, the Polish Presidency of the European Union, and the European Economic and Social Committee, have the pleasure to invite you to participate in a High Level Conference on "Implementation of the Single European Sky and its extension to Third countries" which will take place on 28 November 2011 in Warsaw (Poland).
Since the revision of the legal framework establishing the Single European Sky in 2009, much progress has been made with regard to delivering the necessary rules to govern the provision of air navigation services from a network wide perspective. Recent examples of these achievements are the adoption of a Performance Scheme for air navigation services and the appointment of a Network Manager for more efficient management of airspace.
However, many challenges are still in front of us, such as the set up of Functional Airspace Blocks by December 2012, the extension of the Single European Sky to Third countries, and the timely and synchronised deployment of SESAR.
In this context, the Warsaw Conference will focus on the implementation and delivery of the Single European Sky and new challenges ahead. The Conference should enable a high level discussion on recent achievements related to the implementation of the Single European Sky, cooperation with neighbouring and Third countries in the area of aviation and ongoing challenges such as the preparation of the deployment phase of the SESAR programme.
The Conference will take place on 28 November in Warsaw. The invitation letter, the online registration form, the exact venue and further background material can be found on this webpage, together with a list of nearby hotels.
Final text of the Declaration of Warsaw
- Mr Siim Kallas, Vice-President of the European Commission, in charge of Transport
- Mr Jacek Krawczyk, Vice-President of the European Economic and Social Committee
- Mr Matthew Baldwin, Director of Air Transport, DG Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Mr Eric De Causemacker, ATM expert, Belgian Supervisory Authority
- Mr Massimo Garbini, Chairman of the Network Management Board
- Mr Riccardo Rubini, Chair of the Air Traffic Committee of the European Transport Workers' Federation
- Mr Philippe Burghelle-Vernet, Head of Unit Internal Market, Aviation Agreements and Multilateral Relations, DG Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Mr Luc Tytgat, Director Single Sky, Eurocontrol
- Mr Dinko Stanici, Head of International Affairs at DG Civil Aviation of the Republic of Croatia
- Mr Dimitro Babeichuk, Director Air Navigation and External Relations, State Aviation Administration of Ukraine
- Mr Maurizio Castelletti, head of Unit Single European Sky and Modernisation of Air Traffic Control, DG Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Mr Patrick Ky, Executive Director of the SESAR Joint Undertaking
- Mr Marcin Pirog, Chief Executive Officer of LOT Polish Airlines
- Mr Krzysztof Banaszek, President of the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency, and associate partner to the member of the SESAR Joint Undertaking
Webcast of the conference
Report on the implementation of the Single European Sky legislation, adopted on Nov.14, 2011
AgendaFinal version, updated on November 23, 2011 (change of speaker in Panel 2)
Hotels located near the conference center
Please find here after a selection of hotels located near the conference center.
Please note that around 100 rooms have been booked at the Marriott hotel with a special rate of 626,40 PLN per night (call-in : Single European Sky), but it shouldn't be a problem if more rooms are needed.
Marriott Hotel - Special rate directly following this link. Be aware that it automatically proposes you 2 nights, to be corrected by you if you don't stay 2 nights.
Polonia Palace Hotel - 500m from the venue
Hotel Novotel - 600m from the venue
Inter Continental Hotel - 600m from the venue
The Westin Hotel - 1300m from the venue
Radisson Blu Hotel - 1400m from the venue
Sheraton Warsaw Hotel & Towers - 1400m from the venue
Holiday Inn - 600m from the venue
Rialto Hotel - 700m from the venue