- transport policy | air transport
Saving lives with safety information
The impact of implementing a Just Culture in aviation
Brussels, 1 October 2015
The conference will gather industry representatives from large organisations and SMEs, staff representatives and unions, General Aviation actors, as well as International, European and national authorities around the presentation of concrete deliverables and intensive discussions on an important aviation safety issue that impacts both business and social aspects.
Main topics to be discussed
- The necessity to establish an effective Safety Culture within organisations in order to achieve safety of activities and ensure sustainable business.
- The challenging implementation of Just Culture principles in organisations and the contribution of the European Corporate Just Culture Declaration to an harmonised level of protection across aviation domains.
- The key contribution of safety data to overall safety improvement through data driven assessment of risks and adoption of mitigation actions.
- The challenge of implementing a Just Culture in different contexts and the possible contribution of better communication to its achievement.
Documents and conclusions from the conference
Commissioner Bulc opening speech
Photos: The signature ceremony
Presentations given at the conference
Live recording of the conference
The "European Corporate Just Culture Declaration " (This non-legally binding Declaration only considers Just Culture within the context of an organisation and does not address or overrule the judicial rules or proceedings applicable in individual Member States)
Support the Just Culture Declaration
News 1/10/2015: Employers and staff representatives boost aviation safety by signing declaration on Just Culture