- transport policy | rail transport
The European Union Agency for Railways and the European Commission, DG Mobility and Transport, jointly organise a series of five Single European Railway Area (SERA) regional conferences with the aim of having an informed and open discussion on the expected changes triggered by the technical pillar of the 4th Railway Package (RP) such as new processes for vehicle authorisation, safety certification and ERTMS trackside approval.
The schedule of the regional conferences is the following:
- East Mediterranean: Budapest, Hungary, 26 April 2017
- Baltic Scandinavian: Helsinki, Finland, 10 May 2017
- West Mediterranean: La Valetta, Malta, 23 May 2017
- Central Europe: Berlin, Germany, 7 June 2017
- North Sea: Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 14 June 2017
In each region a wide range of players such as the European institutions, Member States and representatives from the rail sector will engage in a dialogue that will contribute to a better understanding of the upcoming changes and eventually to a successful implementation of the technical pillar of the 4th RP.
The series of regional events will be followed by a final conference which will take place in Brussels on 20 June 2017; more information will be published in due course.