- transport policy | rail transport
Stakeholder Hearing on an EU coordinated approach to R&I in the rail sector
Brussels, 12 September 2013
A public hearing was held on 12 September 2013 to allow stakeholders to give their views and suggestions on how to improve the effectiveness of EU research and innovation initiatives related to rail under Horizon 2020.
At the hearing, the Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE) presented and discussed the problems identified by the European Commission and the policy measures envisaged to promote innovation in the rail sector with a view to contributing to the completion of the Single European Railway Area.
Representatives from industry and relevant associations were also invited to exchange views and present concrete proposals.
- DG MOVE
- Mr Philippe Citroën, Director General of the Association of the European Rail Industry (UNIFE)
- Mr Enno Wiebe, Senior Advisor on ERA and research-related issues, Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER)
- Mr Andy Doherty, Chairman of the European Infrastructure Managers (EIM) Support Group
- Dr. Josef Doppelbauer , Chairman of the European Rail Research Advisory Council (ERRAC)
- Mr. Jean Verrier, Spokesman of ERCI (European Railway Clusters Initiative)
- Mr. Giorgio Gulienetti, Chief Technical Officer, SELEX ES