Today the Commission appointed three new European Coordinators to facilitate the development of Trans-European transport network (TEN-T). Today, they join the team of TEN-T coordinators as the mandate of eight current coordinators is extended.
As from 16 September 2018, Ms Iveta RADIČOVÁ, former Prime Minister of Slovakia, becomes the European Coordinator for the Mediterranean Corridor. Ms Anne Elisabet JENSEN, former Member of the European Parliament, takes up the role for the Baltic – Adriatic Corridor. As of 1 January 2019, Mr Matthias RUETE, former Director General in the European Commission, will become the European Coordinator for ERTMS.
EU Transport Commissioner Bulc said: "EU Transport Commissioner Bulc said: "The role of the TEN-T European Coordinators is key to deliver on our goals for efficient cross-border connectivity across the EU and smart, sustainable and safe mobility. I would like to thank the outgoing Coordinators Laurens Brinkhorst, Brian Simpson and Karel Vinck for the excellent work they have done. I am now counting on continuing the good work with the new coordinators who I am delighted to say are equally experienced transport experts."
Karel VINCK will continue his mandate as the European Coordinator for ERTMS until the end of the year. Mr Kurt BODEWIG who previously served as the European Coordinator for the Baltic Adriatic Corridor will take over the portfolio of the Motorways of the Sea
The mandate of the other coordinators is extended:
- Mr Pat COX for the Scandinavian-Mediterranean Corridor;
- Mr Mathieu GROSCH for the Orient/East-Med Corridor;
- Ms Catherine TRAUTMANN for the North Sea-Baltic Corridor;
- Mr Paweł WOJCIECHOWSKI for the Rhine-Alpine Corridor;
- Mr Péter BALÁZS for the North Sea- Mediterranean Corridor;
- Ms Karla PEIJS for the Rhine-Danube Corridor
- Mr Carlo SECCHI for the Atlantic Corridor
- Publication date
- 14 September 2018
- Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport