EU grants of almost €1.6 billion to support key TEN-T infrastructure projects
The European Commission has selected a total of 172 projects that will benefit from almost €1.6 billion in EU co-financing from the trans-European transport network (TEN-T) Programme for improving transport infrastructure across Europe. 89 projects selected from the 2012 Multi-Annual Call and 83 from the 2012 Annual Call will use this financial support to help realise TEN-T network development – ranging from preliminary studies for new projects to top-up grants aimed to help assist on-going construction initiatives, in all transport modes.
Commission Vice-President Siim Kallas, responsible for transport, noted: "Trans-European networks in transport are some of the best examples of the value the EU can bring to its Member States. A well-functioning network is essential to the smooth operation of the single market and will boost competitiveness. These projects will also assist Europe in moving to a more sustainable future and allow the same market access to all our regions."
The 2012 Multi-Annual Programme Call provided €1.348 billion of funding to projects financing the highest priorities of the TEN-T network, focusing on six modal areas:
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) - 3 projects selected, €58.8 million in funding
- European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) - 14 projects selected, €68.33 million in funding
- Intelligent Transport Systems/European Electronic Toll System (ITS/EETS) - 2 projects selected, €3.58 million in funding
- Motorways of the Sea (MoS) - 13 projects selected, €169.37 million in funding
- River Information Services (RIS) - 4 projects selected, €3.43 million in funding
- Priority Projects (PPs) - 53 projects selected (39 new projects, 14 ongoing projects), €1.044 billion in funding
The 2012 Annual Programme Call gave financing for a large number of smaller projects covering the different modes of transport. This Call granted €247.20 million in total funding in four main priority areas:
- Priority 1 - Acceleration/facilitation of the implementation of TEN-T projects (inland waterways, multimodal, maritime, rail, road) – 67 projects selected, €211.36 million in funding
- Priority 2 - Measures to promote innovation and new technologies for transport infrastructure - 6 projects selected, €13.74 million in funding
- Priority 3 - Support to Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and innovative financial instruments: 3 projects selected, €5.75 million in funding
- Priority 4 - Support to the long term implementation of the TEN-T, in particular corridors: 7 projects selected, €16.35 million in funding
The individual funding Decisions will be gradually adopted by the European Commission during the months of October and December 2013. In the framework of the TEN-T days 2013 in Tallinn, 32 of these individual Decisions will be handed over to the Ministers and Secretaries of State that will be present.
The projects will be monitored by the TEN-T Executive Agency, working together with the project beneficiaries across the Member States and under the auspices of the Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission.
For more information:
http://ec.europa.eu/tentea or e-mail: TENT-AGENCY@ec.europa.eu
- Ημερομηνία δημοσίευσης
- 22 Σεπτέμβριος 2016
- Ημερομηνία δημοσίευσης
- Γενική Διεύθυνση Κινητικότητας και Μεταφορών