The studies are subject to the copyright notice and reuse policy of the European Commission. The studies have been carried out for the European Commission and express the opinions of the organisations having undertaken them. The views have not been adopted or in any way approved by the European Commission and should not be relied upon as a statement of the European Commission's views. The European Commission does not guarantee the accuracy of the information given in the studies, nor is it liable for any consequence stemming from the reuse of this publication.
- Fact-finding study on status and future needs regarding low- and zero-emission urban mobility
- Impact Assessment study for the review of Directive 2009/33 on the Promotion of Clean and Energy
- State of the art on alternative fuels transport systems in the European Union - 2020 update
- Pilot project study on innovative ways of sustainably financing public transport
- Study on urban logistics - "The integrated perspective"
Study with the objective to develop guidance documents including best practices on six different aspects of urban logistics. The target group being local and regional administrations. Each topic includes one non-binding guidance document and one technical report (more detailed). The final report "The integrated perspective" binds the non-binding guidance documents together and comprise all recommendations (13 deliveries in total):
- The final report;
- The use of information and communication technologies;
- Treatment of logistics activities in Urban Vehicle Access Regulation Schemes;
- Engagement of stakeholders when implementing urban freight logistics policies;
- Logistics schemes for e-commerce;
- The use of environmentally friendly freight vehicles;
- Indicators and data collection methods on urban freight distribution.
- Study on Urban Vehicle Access Regulations
- The Role of Information and Communication in Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes across Europe
- Vehicle Types, Exemptions and (Cross-border) Enforcement of Successful Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes across Europe
- Planning, Consultation and Design of Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes
- National legal frameworks for Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes
- Evaluation and Assessment of Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes
- Technology options and interoperability for Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs) schemes
- Study on urban mobility – Assessing and improving the accessibility of urban areas
- Support study on data collection and analysis of active modes use and infrastructure in Europe
- Study on the implementation of Article 7(3) of the "Directive on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure" – fuel price comparison
- Ex-post evaluation study of EU financial support to sustainable urban mobility and to the use of alternative fuels in EU urban areas
- Alternative fuels and infrastructure in seven non-EU markets
- Support to the Member States for the Implementation of the Directive on the Deployment of Alternative Fuels Infrastructure
- Study to support the Impact Assessment on the Urban Mobility Package
- Review of the Action Plan on Urban Mobility
- Study on harmonised collection of European data and statistics in the field of urban transport and mobility
- Results of the public consultation "The urban dimension of the EU transport policy"
- Study on Urban Aspects of the Internalisation of External Costs - MOVE/B4/310-1/2011
- Fact Finding Study on the legal and contractual basis of passenger rights in urban public transport
- Executive Summary
- Monitoring Report of the Directive 2009/33/EC on the promotion of clean and energy efficient road transport vehicles
- Assessment of the implementation of a European alternative fuels strategy and possible supportive proposals
- Study on Urban Freight Transport
- Study on the financing needs in the area of sustainable urban mobility
- Scenario Modelling study - Final Report
- Study on Public Transport Smart Cards
- Study on urban access restrictions
- Green Paper on Urban Mobility - Stakeholder Consultation Report
- Contracting in urban public transport
- Preparatory document on Sustainable Urban Transport Plans (25 September 2007)
This preparatory document aimed to inform the Green Paper consultation exercise by providing a synthesis of available information on sustainable urban transport plans. The document brings together some of the good practices and experience useful for the development of Sustainable Urban Transport Plans (SUTPs); most of which come from projects and expert groups supported by Member States and the Commission.
It includes an annex on best practice examples and useful references
[Currently on: "Information on follow up to the Green Paper (October 2007 – March 2008)"]
- Report on urban transport in Europe, prepared for the European Commission, Directorate-General for Energy and Transport (31 July, 2007)
This report on urban transport in Europe constitutes the support document for the preparation of the Green Paper on Urban Transport (25 September 2007). It contains the following main elements: Overview of data and trends on urban transport; results of the stakeholder consultations; and preliminary proposals for urban transport policy options.
- Impact assessment on a new approach for the cleaner and more energy efficient vehicles directive proposa (September 2007)
This document presents a study regarding an Impact Assessment on a new approach for the cleaner and more energy efficient vehicles directive proposal. The study, carried out by a consultant, defines the problems and background for the proposal, and analyses the different policy options and their impact.