- transport policy | air transport
"EU AVIATION SAFETY MANAGEMENT TOWARDS 2020"
Meeting Room Alcide de Gasperi, Charlemagne,
Rue de La Loi 170, Brussels
20 April 2010 - 10h00 to 17h10
Due to the extraordinary circumstances resulting from the volcanic eruption in Iceland and the consequent disruption to flights, a number of our speakers and many delegates are unable to travel to Brussels.
Regrettably, we have therefore decided to cancel the Safety Conference planned for 20th April 2010.
We will review possible options to see if it is practical to hold the conference at a later date.
The European Commission is organising a high-level conference to discuss the future of EU Aviation Safety Management towards 2020 and wishes to hear the views and experiences of the various stakeholders in the aviation safety chain.
The Conference aims to:
- Debate the issues surrounding moving from a largely reactive system towards a proactive system based upon proven safety management techniques.
- To explore the issues of setting up safety management systems at National and European Union Level
- To explore the issues of the exchange and analysis of safety data in support of the risk analysis process at European Union level.
- To identify areas of action
Topics to be discussed
The agenda of the EU Aviation Safety Management conferencewill include the following topics:
- The challenges facing the development of a Safety Programme at European Level, and the experience of a European organisation's (Eurocontrol) management of safety
- An airlines experience of the Safety management process, and the issue of reliable data, together with an ANSPs perspective and their interaction with Eurocontrol's SAFER system
- The lessons learned from setting up a State Safety Programme
- Safety data sharing beyond National Boundaries
- The safety management of Aerodromes and issues of integration within a Europe wide system
- The importance of a Just Culture in Aviation Safety Management
- An industry view on safety data and how best to share safety critical information, together with the problems to be overcome in dealing with safety data and analysis at the European level
Who is expected to participate?
The EU Aviation Safety Management Conference will be attended by key players from the public and private sectors of the aviation industry and regulators in the EU. These are expected to include representatives of civil aviation authorities from EU Member States, ECAC and neighboring states, airlines, airports, air navigation service providers and maintenance organisations, together with unions and aircraft owners associations. .
The European Commissioner for Transport, Vice President Sim Kallas will open the conference, together with representatives from the Spanish Presidency and the European Parliament, and the European Commissioner for Mobility and Transport, Matthias Ruete, will sum up.
Application to attend
The conference room in Charlemagne will host approximately 400 delegates. Places will be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis. The conference is free to attend, and it is hoped to obtain sponsorship to provide delegates with a buffet lunch.
All enquiries concerning the Conference should be addressed to: MOVE-AVIA-SAFETY-CONF@ec.europa.eu