- transport policy | intelligent transport system
Workshop linked to the Action Plan on Intelligent Transport Systems
"Optimising the Collection and Provision of Road Data"
28 September 2012 ( 09.45–16.00)
Hotel Bedford - Rue du Midi 135-137 - Brussels
The European Commission is currently conducting a study in support of Action 1.2 "the optimisation of the collection and provision of road data and traffic circulation plans, traffic regulations and recommended routes (in particular for heavy goods vehicles)" of the ITS Action Plan.
The workshop aims at informing the stakeholders on intermediate results of the study, at gathering their opinions on key issues identified and at validating best practices in the fields concerned. It also is to provide an opportunity for dialogue about the investigations so far and about the proposed actions to foster effective cooperation among actors concerned and to realize pan-European harmonization in terms of principles, procedures, outreach and access to relevant sources of data.
The event will be structured along two major themes:
- The availability of, and access to, (restrictive) road data and regulations, with focus on Heavy Goods Vehicles and interurban/ urban interfaces – a data sharing issue (morning session)
- The drafting and operational use of traffic management plans – an issue of best practice and common approaches (afternoon session)
Findings and key issues will be discussed with participating stakeholders through interactive panel sessions. Presentations of the workshop
A supporting paper will be made available to registered participants.
Who should attend?
- Stakeholders Groups
- Policy officers
- Supply/Content Generation & Managers: Roads Directors, Traffic Managers (interurban networks, major urban networks), National Data Centres
- Facilitators/Service Providers: (commercial) service providers, content aggregators, developers of bespoke services
- Demand/End User: hauliers, user associations
To register please send by email your name, organisation and contact details plus "Collection & Provision of Road data" in the subject field to email@example.com not later than 21 September 2012.
Due to capacity constraint (50 persons maximum) applications received will be handled on a 'first-come-first-served' approach, potentially implying restrictions to one single person per organisation or association. Thank you for your understanding.
Final report: ITS Action Plan - Action 1.2: "Optimising the Collection and Provision of Road Data"
Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre