Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area - Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system
The European Commission adopted a roadmap of 40 concrete initiatives for the next decade to build a competitive transport system that will increase mobility, remove major barriers in key areas and fuel growth and employment. At the same time, the proposals will dramatically reduce Europe's dependence on imported oil and cut carbon emissions in transport by 60% by 2050.
By 2050, key goals will include:
- No more conventionally-fuelled cars in cities.
- 40% use of sustainable low carbon fuels in aviation; at least 40% cut in shipping emissions.
- A 50% shift of medium distance intercity passenger and freight journeys from road to rail and waterborne transport.
- All of which will contribute to a 60% cut in transport emissions by the middle of the century.
The video, the 50 Facts and Figures and the brochure are also available in the following languages: Deutsch, español, français, italiano, polski.
- The White Paper
- Commission staff working document accompanying the White Paper
- Unofficial translation of the Commission staff working document accompanying the White Paper
- The Impact Assessment
- The executive summary of the Impact Assessment
- Evaluation of the White Paper Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area -Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system
- Executive summary of the evaluation of the White Paper Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area -Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system
- Evaluation Support study
In 2016, the Commission Services published an Implementation report on the 2011 White Paper.