Directive (EU) 2020/1057 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 July 2020 laying down specific rules with respect to Directive 96/71/EC and Directive 2014/67/EU for posting drivers in the road transport sector and amending Directive 2006/22/EC as regards enforcement requirements and Regulation (EU) No 1024/2012
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/2179 of 9 December 2021 on the functionalities of the public interface connected to the Internal Market Information System for posting drivers in the road transport sector
Questions and Answers
The new rules on posting of drivers in road transport (Directive 2020/1057) adopted in July 2021 as part of Mobility Package start applying form 2 February 2022. The Commission has designed a multilingual portal for road transport operators who have to comply with these new rules. The portal will allow the road transport operators submit the following:
- Posting declarations to the Member State(s) where their drivers will be posted;
- Documents to the authorities of the Member States where their drivers have been posted, when those authorities request such an action.
To help the sector to correctly apply these rules, the Commission services prepared the following first set of Questions and Answers. The aim of this guidance is mainly to clarify when posting situation starts and when it ends in various transport operation scenarios.
Additional sets of detailed Q&A on posting of drivers will follow, on topics including posting rules in passenger transport, road leg of combined transport and transport operations with third countries.
Translation in all EU languages will follow.
DISCLAIMER: This set of questions and answers was prepared by the Commission services and does not commit the European Commission. Only the Court of Justice of the European Union is competent to authoritatively interpret Union law.
Internal Market Information System (IMI)
European Labour Authority training videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2VLQeRU2FQZxa43B9wQ10Q
Video tutorials on Posting Declaration:
- How to create your EU Login account? First compulsory step to access the application
- How to create your Road transport Posting Declaration account? Second compulsory step to access the application
- Access an existing account
- Navigate in the application
- How to manage my company account and my users
Video tutorials and FAQ